An 80-year-old man became trapped under a large tree that the wind knocked over this afternoon in the 2500 block of North 90th Street.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department responded at 12:30 p.m.
Firefighters removed the man and took him to a local hospital for evaluation. His injuries did not appear life-threatening, Deputy Chief James Case said.
Wind gusts reached up to 40 mph in Tosa at the time of the call.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair