An 80-year-old man became trapped under a large tree that the wind knocked over this afternoon in the 2500 block of North 90th Street.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department responded at 12:30 p.m.
Firefighters removed the man and took him to a local hospital for evaluation. His injuries did not appear life-threatening, Deputy Chief James Case said.
Wind gusts reached up to 40 mph in Tosa at the time of the call.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority