An 80-year-old man became trapped under a large tree that the wind knocked over this afternoon in the 2500 block of North 90th Street.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department responded at 12:30 p.m.
Firefighters removed the man and took him to a local hospital for evaluation. His injuries did not appear life-threatening, Deputy Chief James Case said.
Wind gusts reached up to 40 mph in Tosa at the time of the call.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Windows Into Wauwatosa' allows a peak into unsung locales
- Wauwatosa West triplet seniors to split but stay connected
- Police Report: June 18
- Cup of change starts to make a difference
- Skateboarders do 'slide' on Tosa hillside
- Police Department's records not available this week
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue be repaved and its bridges rebuilt?
- Former Wauwatosa fire station site is prime land without a plan
- Tom Thaney enhanced Tose East theater department
- Flight for Life emergency pilots rely on instinct, experience