A motorcycle driver led police on a high-speed chase that covered nearly a half-mile and reached 84 mph near 94th Street and Capitol Drive at 8:28 p.m. Aug. 28.
According to the police report:
A Wauwatosa officer heard a revving engine, then saw a motorcycle drive by at twice the speed limit. He activated his siren and the motorcyclist turned and looked before taking off. The pursuit was terminated before the cyclist could successfully be pulled over. The motorcycle had no license plate.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options