A motorcycle driver led police on a high-speed chase that covered nearly a half-mile and reached 84 mph near 94th Street and Capitol Drive at 8:28 p.m. Aug. 28.
According to the police report:
A Wauwatosa officer heard a revving engine, then saw a motorcycle drive by at twice the speed limit. He activated his siren and the motorcyclist turned and looked before taking off. The pursuit was terminated before the cyclist could successfully be pulled over. The motorcycle had no license plate.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (8)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8