A motorcycle driver led police on a high-speed chase that covered nearly a half-mile and reached 84 mph near 94th Street and Capitol Drive at 8:28 p.m. Aug. 28.
According to the police report:
A Wauwatosa officer heard a revving engine, then saw a motorcycle drive by at twice the speed limit. He activated his siren and the motorcyclist turned and looked before taking off. The pursuit was terminated before the cyclist could successfully be pulled over. The motorcycle had no license plate.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000
- Menomonee River Parkway opens for business