State Sen. Jim Sullivan, D-Wauwatosa, will not take part in a local candidates forum being hosted by NOW, the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce and Brookfield Rehabilitation and Specialty Care, a spokeswoman from his campaign told NOW today.
Sullivan, who is squaring off against Republican Leah Vukmir for the District 5 seat, will take part in other forums, but cannot fit the 8 a.m. Wednesday event at City Hall into his calendar, the spokeswoman said.
Vukmir and Sullivan will appear on the Nov. 2 ballot.
Republican candidates in the District 33 race, Tim Dietrich and Rich Zipperer, also were invited to the forum. They will face off in a primary Sept. 14.
Questions about the forum can be directed to the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (262) 786-1886.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23