State Sen. Jim Sullivan, D-Wauwatosa, will not take part in a local candidates forum being hosted by NOW, the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce and Brookfield Rehabilitation and Specialty Care, a spokeswoman from his campaign told NOW today.
Sullivan, who is squaring off against Republican Leah Vukmir for the District 5 seat, will take part in other forums, but cannot fit the 8 a.m. Wednesday event at City Hall into his calendar, the spokeswoman said.
Vukmir and Sullivan will appear on the Nov. 2 ballot.
Republican candidates in the District 33 race, Tim Dietrich and Rich Zipperer, also were invited to the forum. They will face off in a primary Sept. 14.
Questions about the forum can be directed to the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (262) 786-1886.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting