State Sen. Jim Sullivan, D-Wauwatosa, will not take part in a local candidates forum being hosted by NOW, the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce and Brookfield Rehabilitation and Specialty Care, a spokeswoman from his campaign told NOW today.
Sullivan, who is squaring off against Republican Leah Vukmir for the District 5 seat, will take part in other forums, but cannot fit the 8 a.m. Wednesday event at City Hall into his calendar, the spokeswoman said.
Vukmir and Sullivan will appear on the Nov. 2 ballot.
Republican candidates in the District 33 race, Tim Dietrich and Rich Zipperer, also were invited to the forum. They will face off in a primary Sept. 14.
Questions about the forum can be directed to the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (262) 786-1886.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings