State Sen. Jim Sullivan, D-Wauwatosa, will not take part in a local candidates forum being hosted by NOW, the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce and Brookfield Rehabilitation and Specialty Care, a spokeswoman from his campaign told NOW today.
Sullivan, who is squaring off against Republican Leah Vukmir for the District 5 seat, will take part in other forums, but cannot fit the 8 a.m. Wednesday event at City Hall into his calendar, the spokeswoman said.
Vukmir and Sullivan will appear on the Nov. 2 ballot.
Republican candidates in the District 33 race, Tim Dietrich and Rich Zipperer, also were invited to the forum. They will face off in a primary Sept. 14.
Questions about the forum can be directed to the Greater Brookfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (262) 786-1886.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28