You think taxes are too high or not enough is being done to fight crime in the city?
If you live in the 6th District, here's a chance to be part of the solution: become an alderman.
The City Clerk's Office is accepting applications to fill the Common Council seat left vacant by Thomas Herzog's resignation last month. The deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 20.
Mayor Jill Didier will appoint a selection committee, which will interview candidates Sept. 29 and make a recommendation for a replacement to serve until April 2011. The council will vote on the appointment the following week. The successful appointee will be required to run for election in April 2011 to complete the final year of this term.
Aldermen are expected to attend weekly meetings. The compensation is a $350 monthly salary, plus a Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance.
For information, call (414) 479-8918 or visit to wauwatosa.net.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30