You think taxes are too high or not enough is being done to fight crime in the city?
If you live in the 6th District, here's a chance to be part of the solution: become an alderman.
The City Clerk's Office is accepting applications to fill the Common Council seat left vacant by Thomas Herzog's resignation last month. The deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 20.
Mayor Jill Didier will appoint a selection committee, which will interview candidates Sept. 29 and make a recommendation for a replacement to serve until April 2011. The council will vote on the appointment the following week. The successful appointee will be required to run for election in April 2011 to complete the final year of this term.
Aldermen are expected to attend weekly meetings. The compensation is a $350 monthly salary, plus a Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance.
For information, call (414) 479-8918 or visit to wauwatosa.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director