You think taxes are too high or not enough is being done to fight crime in the city?
If you live in the 6th District, here's a chance to be part of the solution: become an alderman.
The City Clerk's Office is accepting applications to fill the Common Council seat left vacant by Thomas Herzog's resignation last month. The deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 20.
Mayor Jill Didier will appoint a selection committee, which will interview candidates Sept. 29 and make a recommendation for a replacement to serve until April 2011. The council will vote on the appointment the following week. The successful appointee will be required to run for election in April 2011 to complete the final year of this term.
Aldermen are expected to attend weekly meetings. The compensation is a $350 monthly salary, plus a Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance.
For information, call (414) 479-8918 or visit to wauwatosa.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series