You think taxes are too high or not enough is being done to fight crime in the city?
If you live in the 6th District, here's a chance to be part of the solution: become an alderman.
The City Clerk's Office is accepting applications to fill the Common Council seat left vacant by Thomas Herzog's resignation last month. The deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 20.
Mayor Jill Didier will appoint a selection committee, which will interview candidates Sept. 29 and make a recommendation for a replacement to serve until April 2011. The council will vote on the appointment the following week. The successful appointee will be required to run for election in April 2011 to complete the final year of this term.
Aldermen are expected to attend weekly meetings. The compensation is a $350 monthly salary, plus a Wisconsin Retirement System pension and life insurance.
For information, call (414) 479-8918 or visit to wauwatosa.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?