Tools, a city map and keys to a dump truck were taken from the Wauwatosa Public Works Department building at 11100 W. Walnut Road last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An electrical department employee noticed a ground fault locator missing from his truck, which had been parked inside between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 9 a.m. Aug. 18.
After checking with co-workers, he noticed more than $400 in tools - some that belonged to the city and others from his personal collection - had been taken.
A second employee reported his tools, valued at $333, a city map and the dump truck keys were also missing.
The DPW yard is locked overnight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting
- Business Spotlight: Jenny Kyle Smith hits the sweet spot after years of struggle