Tools, a city map and keys to a dump truck were taken from the Wauwatosa Public Works Department building at 11100 W. Walnut Road last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An electrical department employee noticed a ground fault locator missing from his truck, which had been parked inside between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 9 a.m. Aug. 18.
After checking with co-workers, he noticed more than $400 in tools - some that belonged to the city and others from his personal collection - had been taken.
A second employee reported his tools, valued at $333, a city map and the dump truck keys were also missing.
The DPW yard is locked overnight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair