Tools, a city map and keys to a dump truck were taken from the Wauwatosa Public Works Department building at 11100 W. Walnut Road last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An electrical department employee noticed a ground fault locator missing from his truck, which had been parked inside between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 9 a.m. Aug. 18.
After checking with co-workers, he noticed more than $400 in tools - some that belonged to the city and others from his personal collection - had been taken.
A second employee reported his tools, valued at $333, a city map and the dump truck keys were also missing.
The DPW yard is locked overnight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa