Tools, a city map and keys to a dump truck were taken from the Wauwatosa Public Works Department building at 11100 W. Walnut Road last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An electrical department employee noticed a ground fault locator missing from his truck, which had been parked inside between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 9 a.m. Aug. 18.
After checking with co-workers, he noticed more than $400 in tools - some that belonged to the city and others from his personal collection - had been taken.
A second employee reported his tools, valued at $333, a city map and the dump truck keys were also missing.
The DPW yard is locked overnight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- In Our Schools: Feb. 26