Tools, a city map and keys to a dump truck were taken from the Wauwatosa Public Works Department building at 11100 W. Walnut Road last week.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An electrical department employee noticed a ground fault locator missing from his truck, which had been parked inside between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and 9 a.m. Aug. 18.
After checking with co-workers, he noticed more than $400 in tools - some that belonged to the city and others from his personal collection - had been taken.
A second employee reported his tools, valued at $333, a city map and the dump truck keys were also missing.
The DPW yard is locked overnight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors