A seat belt thwarted an attempted carjacking at 112th Street and Blue Mound Road on Friday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The female driver was approaching a flashing yellow light when she saw a man step off the curb across the street just before 6 a.m. She stopped the car to let him cross safely, but she became nervous when he started walking to her door.
She tried to roll up the car window, but wasn't quick enough. He punched her in the cheek and demanded she get out of the car. He opened the door and pulled on her arm, but the seat belt prevented him from pulling her out of the vehicle.
A truck driver saw what was happening and approached the car carrying a baseball bat. The carjacker turned and ran off.
The woman drove to her workplace on Mayfair Road, where co-workers saw her swollen cheek and urged her to call police.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety