Candidates in Wisconsin's race for governor will discuss the state's economic issues at 7 p.m. Sept. 16 at Wauwatosa West High School, 11400 W. Center St.
The Wauwatosa West Suburban Association of Commerce and Milwaukee Press Club are sponsoring the candidate forum, which will focus on economic issues affecting the state and matters relating to doing business in Wisconsin. A panel of Milwaukee journalists will ask questions of the candidates who survive the Sept. 14 primary election.
Tosa was chosen because of its central location, chamber Director Meg McKenna said. However, it's a timely topic for the city, which recently has hired an economic development director, is working on developing the County Grounds and has the busiest mall in southeastern Wisconsin.
The general election will take place Nov. 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23