A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for theft and battery for punching a Macy's security agent in the face as the agent tried to apprehend him for theft, Wauwatosa police say.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The loss prevention agent followed the boy and a 23-year-old Milwaukee man out of the Mayfair Mall store because they had taken $306 worth of merchandise without paying for it about 5:20 p.m. Aug. 16. When he caught up with them, a fight ensued between the agent and the boy. The 23-year-old watched over the agent's back..
The 17-year-old punched the agent two times in the face while he tried apprehending him.
After the 23-year-old did not comply with police requests to "get down," the officer delivered two baton strikes to his left hip area.
The 17-year-old told police that he didn't intentionally punch the loss prevention agent during the struggle.
He was arrested for battery and theft. The 23-year-old was arrested for retail theft and being party to a crime.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4