A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for theft and battery for punching a Macy's security agent in the face as the agent tried to apprehend him for theft, Wauwatosa police say.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The loss prevention agent followed the boy and a 23-year-old Milwaukee man out of the Mayfair Mall store because they had taken $306 worth of merchandise without paying for it about 5:20 p.m. Aug. 16. When he caught up with them, a fight ensued between the agent and the boy. The 23-year-old watched over the agent's back..
The 17-year-old punched the agent two times in the face while he tried apprehending him.
After the 23-year-old did not comply with police requests to "get down," the officer delivered two baton strikes to his left hip area.
The 17-year-old told police that he didn't intentionally punch the loss prevention agent during the struggle.
He was arrested for battery and theft. The 23-year-old was arrested for retail theft and being party to a crime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality