A Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of second-degree intentional homicide.
Benjamin Germano, 32, will be sentenced Nov. 5.
Germano was charged with strangling Sarah Rosio on Jan. 13 at his apartment in the 6700 block of Vista Ave. in Wauwatosa.
The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested in Colorado on Jan. 27, two weeks after the homicide.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade