A Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of second-degree intentional homicide.
Benjamin Germano, 32, will be sentenced Nov. 5.
Germano was charged with strangling Sarah Rosio on Jan. 13 at his apartment in the 6700 block of Vista Ave. in Wauwatosa.
The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested in Colorado on Jan. 27, two weeks after the homicide.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30