The Wauwatosa School District has reached an agreement with the union that represents the district's administrative assistants.
Under the new contract, employees will receive a 1.5 percent pay increase in the first two years of the contract and a 2 percent increase in the final year, Human Resources Director Dan Chanen said.
The School Board on Monday unanimously approved the three-year contract with the Wauwatosa Educational Support Association. The contract runs through the 2012-13 school year.
Over the life of the contract, the average total compensation increase will be 4.27 percent.
The district reached a tentative agreement with the union in May but has negotiated some minor changes to health insurance benefits and contract language since then, Chanen said.
The Wauwatosa Educational Support Association represents 46 people, Chanen said.
Only one of the four represented employee groups in the district is now without a contract. Chanen said the district is negotiating a three-year contract through 2012-13 with the group that represents the district's educational assistants - classroom support employees, student supervisors and the like.
Wauwatosa has settled a contract with its teachers union through the end of the 2010-11 school year, and the custodial union contract is settled through 2012-13, Chanen said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)