Neighborhood Association hosts Chili Cookoff
The North Avenue Neighborhood Association is hosting the 2012 Chili Cook off from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 21 between 68th and 72nd Street on North Avenue.
For information, visit easttosa.org.
Dog show set at the Wauwatosa Public Library
The Milwaukee Dog Training Club will present a program about dogs, including pet safety, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. July 23 in the Firefly Room at the Wauwatosa Public Library, 7635 W. North Ave.
Relay for Life of Wauwatosa scheduled at WLC
Relay for Life of Wauwatosa is scheduled for 6 p.m. July 27 to 8 a.m. July 28 at the Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletic Fields, 10200 W. Watertown Plank Road.
The overnight event involves people taking turns walking the track to support the fight against cancer. The American Cancer Society benefits from the relay.
For information, call (262) 523-5534.
Historical Society hosts Firefly Art Fair in August
The Wauwatosa Historical Society is hosting the Firefly Art Fair from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug 4 and 5 at the historical society, 7406 Hillcrest Drive.
Admission is $4. Children 12 and younger are free.
For information, visit wauwatosahistoricalsociety.org.
Hart Park Senior Center hosts Flavor of Wisconsin
The Flavor of Wisconsin is scheduled for 1 p.m. July 24 at Hart Park Senior Center, 7300 Chestnut St.
Regional food expert Terese Allen, who co-authored "The Flavor of Wisconsin: An Informal History of Food and Eating in the Badger State," will be in attendance to share stories behind the recipes for regional foods.
The cost is $10 for members and $15 for nonmembers.
Children to celebrate pioneer days at library
The Wauwatosa Public Library is hosting "Dreaming of the Good Old Days" at 1:30 p.m. July 25 at the library, 7635 W. North Ave.
Children in second grade and older will see a film about Laura Ingalls Wilder, play a pioneer game and check out pioneer books.
Summer Arts in the Park continues July 26
Summer Arts in the Park at Wisconsin Lutheran College continues with the Tom Anthony Show at 6:30 p.m. July 26 on the campus courtyard located between Bluemound Road and Wisconsin Avenue at 89th Street.
Attendees should bring their own lawn chair or blanket. Concessions with food and beverages open at 5 p.m.
Anthony's show features a band with Frank Sinatra and Las Vegas-style show tune vocals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 20
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug 13
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 16
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 9
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 18
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 11
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 4
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 14
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 7
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 23
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 16
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 26
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 19
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5