• Charlotte Kissinger of Wauwatosa was among the more than 500 who presented their projects at the 12th annual University of Wisconsin-Madison Undergraduate Symposium. Also, her research project at "Posters in the Rotunda: A Celebration of Undergraduate Research" was showcased in the State Capitol rotunda in Madison.
• Kathryn Gallenberger and Sarah Widder, both of Wauwatosa, are among more than 1,000 St. Olaf College students who will be recognized for academic achievement at the college's annual Honors Day convocation. Honors Day recognizes students who have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.60 or higher on a 4.0 scale. The convocation also recognizes students who have been awarded scholarships and fellowships.
• Leslie Halverson of Wauwatosa has been elected to Lawrence University's chapter of Lambda Sigma, a national honor society. Leslie is a 2009 graduate of Wauwatosa East High School.
• Hannah WendLake of Wauwatosa was named the recipient of the 2010 Burton J. Stallard Prize in Education during a ceremony at Ripon College. Hannah is the daughter of James Wend and Kathy Lake of Wauwatosa.
• Brandon Hook of Wauwatosa was named to the fall 2009 dean's list at Azusa Pacific University.
• Scott Simpson of Wauwatosa was selected to receive the Outstanding Junior Award from Marquette University's College of Engineering Construction Engineering and Management Program.
• Kathleen Wahlen has been awarded an Achievement Scholarship to Mount Mary College for the 2010-11 school year. The Achievement Scholarship is a renewable award of $2,000. Kathleen is a third-year student at Mount Mary College and a 2008 graduate of Wauwatosa East High School and the daughter of Kurt and Barb Wahlen of Wauwatosa.
• The following Wauwatosa East High School students were honored at the 16th Annual Achievers' Breakfast on March 31: Hannah Anderson, Michael Leffler, Rosalie Maglio, Samuel Marszalkowski, Anthony Peel, Devin Peterson, Anthony Roberts, Monet Simpson, Danny Thomas and Klarshari Thornton - freshmen; Wilford Blazek, Mu Dah, Leslie Dess, Kylee Liska, Maxwell Siebert, Diarra Starks and Casey Stokes - sophomores; David Gorzek, Jazzmin Johnson, Megan Leffler, Megan Liddell, Charlotte (Rose) McGhee, James Nolen, Adam Schrubbe, Laura Starker, Ty Sweers-Lee and Jamie Westfahl - juniors; Brittaney Browne, Geoffrey Carpenter, Bradley Gauerke, Cecilia Grade, Maurice Hart, Ronnie Holt, Brandon Johnson, Melanie Mittelsteadt, Logan Procell and Kayla Slaughter - senior first-year recipients; Kegian Fox, Marissa Gordon, Kyle Manske, Samantha Marty, Matthew Roberts, Anthony Sellnow and Talisha Simpson - senior second-year recipients; and Evan Lynch - senior third-year recipient. The Achievers' Breakfast salutes those students who have shown marked improvement during their school career. Students receiving awards were given commemorative programs and pins or certificates of achievement.
• Wendy Traeger, choir director at Longfellow Middle School and Wauwatosa East High School, was awarded the Certificate of Excellence for Choral Education from the Civic Music Association of Milwaukee.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or news@
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Sept. 10
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 1
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 18
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 20
- Celebrations: June 13
- Celebrations: June 6
- Celebrations: April 11
- Celebrations: March 28
- Celebrations: March 21