• Dr. Eric Gass and Allison Gass (nee Best) are parents of twin girls, Aubrey Ann and Emerson Brooke Gass, born April 14, 2009. They join their brother, Evan Clark Gass, 3. Grandparents are Tom and Sally Gass of Manitowoc and Bill and Kathy Best of Wauwatosa. Allison is a 1991 Wauwatosa East High School graduate.
• Jeff Miklas, a graduate of Wauwatosa West High School, earned a degree with a double major in actuarial science and finance, investment and banking from the University of Wisconsin-Madison on May 16. He graduated with distinction with a 4.0 GPA.
• The following students graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Stout in May: Sarah Adams and Wendell Eskridge, both of Wauwatosa.
• Scott Kocen graduated with a degree in biomedical engineering from Marquette University on May 17. He is the son of Jeff and Linda Kocen of Overland Park, Kan. He is the grandson of Lois and Gene Wells of Wauwatosa and Clarence and Joyce Kunde of Neenah.
• Amanda Yentz of Wauwatosa is a spring graduate, with honors, of Northwestern University. She earned a bachelor's degree in communication studies and French, and is working in Chicago at DraftFCB as a media planner. Yentz is a 2005 Wauwatosa East graduate and the daughter of John and Mary Yentz of Wauwatosa.
• The following Wauwatosa students were named to the spring 2009 University of Wisconsin-Madison dean's list: Erin Bannen, Brett Becker, Leia Blazek, Emily Christian, Rachel Cusatis, Jill Dearing, Katherine Domina, Callie Grebe, Timothy Griesbach, Bryan Haas, Aniela Jankowski, Courtney Krueger, Bryan LaBissoniere, Jonathan Lee, Mariel Maslowski, Jeffrey Miklas, Matthew Miklas, Melissa Miles, Eric Minkley, Kaveke Mualuko, Katherine Omernick, Mark Omernick, Kelsey Prestby, Anna Rehberger, Ashley Rineck, Lauren Rineck, Katherine Robles, Sanam Salimi, Alexandra Scoptur, Margaret Seidenstricker, Kelsey Sorum, Candace Stohs-Krause, Elise Strupp, Olivia Templin, Laura Urbaniak, Emily Van Deraa, Audrey Zaferos, Melanie Zaferos and Sophia Zebell.
• Nathaniel Eklund, a graduate of Wauwatosa West High School, was named to the spring 2009 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee dean's list.
• Margaret Seidenstricker of Wauwatosa graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison on May 17. She earned bachelor's degrees in French and in journalism and mass communication.
• Craig Siwy of Wauwatosa received a master of science degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin on May 15. He is the son of the late Dan and Arlene Siwy of Wauwatosa. He is the father of Meredith M. S. Barrett. He intends to be a systems analyst, or work for a a health care provider or a clinical systems software firm.
• Ann Gieschen-Salazar, a nursing major at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and a resident of Wauwatosa, received a Her Scholarship from the Women's Fund of Greater Milwaukee.
• Theodor Ceci of Wauwatosa East High School received the American Legion, Stenz-Griesell-Smith Post 449 of Brookfield, George Brown Memorial Scholarship. He will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison to pursue a degree in engineering.
• Jay Badenhoop, Ph.D., son of Wauwatosa residents Richard and Joan Badenhoop, was named 2009 Professor of the Year at Potomac State College of West Virginia University, where he is a professor of chemistry. Badenhoop graduated from Wauwatosa East High School in 1983.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: July 10
- Celebrations: June 19
- Celebrations: June 5
- Celebrations: May 29
- Celebrations: May 15
- Celebrations: March 3
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Dec. 26
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Sept. 10
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22