Kathryn Hattery of Madison and Brian Groskopf of Wauwatosa are planning an Aug. 18, 2012, wedding at St. Matthew Catholic Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Parents of the couple are Mike Hattery and Ann Collins-Hattery of Cedar Rapids and John and Sue Groskopf of Elm Grove.
The bride-to-be, a graduate of Washington High School, earned her bachelor's degree in history from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is a human resources specialist with the state Department of Health Services in Madison.
The future groom, a graduate of Brookfield East High School, earned his bachelor's degree in actuarial science from UW-Madison. He is an actuarial associate with Assurant Health in Milwaukee.
The two became engaged June 17, 2011, at the Mississippi River house of the bride-to-be's family, on the borders of Wisconsin and Iowa. He asked her on their boat in the backwaters, technically in Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Engagement: Pintar-Breen
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 6
- Wauwatosa Independence Day celebration fills the day
- Senior Meals: Week of June 29
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of June 8
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of May 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of May 11
- Senior Meals: Week of April 27
- Senior Meals: Week of April 6