Kathryn Hattery of Madison and Brian Groskopf of Wauwatosa are planning an Aug. 18, 2012, wedding at St. Matthew Catholic Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Parents of the couple are Mike Hattery and Ann Collins-Hattery of Cedar Rapids and John and Sue Groskopf of Elm Grove.
The bride-to-be, a graduate of Washington High School, earned her bachelor's degree in history from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is a human resources specialist with the state Department of Health Services in Madison.
The future groom, a graduate of Brookfield East High School, earned his bachelor's degree in actuarial science from UW-Madison. He is an actuarial associate with Assurant Health in Milwaukee.
The two became engaged June 17, 2011, at the Mississippi River house of the bride-to-be's family, on the borders of Wisconsin and Iowa. He asked her on their boat in the backwaters, technically in Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 21
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Aug. 21
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 21
- Wauwatosa Youth Commssion seeks new adult members
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 14
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 7
- Celebrations: Sarah Wick and John Ritter plan September wedding
- In Brief: Aug. 7
- Engagement: Casey-Kalscheur
- Weekly Planner: July 31