• The following students from Wauwatosa earned bachelor's degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in December: Joseph De Jarlais, general business, Aimee Gouvion, early childhood education, magna cum laude, Lane Kimble, journalism, and Jessa Simko, elementary education. Also, Muhammad Mansur Ashraf earned a master's degree in business administration.
• The following students from Wauwatosa earned degreesfrom the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in December: with bachelor's degrees, Christopher Braun, physics, Sarah Schearer, therapeutic recreation, and Zachary Seramur and Rein Zastrow, accountancy; and with master's degrees, Sarah Boicourt, professional development, and Meri White, exercise and sport science.
• Junior Julia Steiner, daughter of Tony Steiner and Sue Martin-Steiner of Wauwatosa, portrayed the lead (Marenka) in two February performances in Appleton of Lawrence University's production of Bedrich Smetana's comedic opera, "The Bartered Bride." Steiner is a 2008 graduate of Divine Savior Holy Angels High School.
• Alto Leslie Halverson, daughter of James and Christine Halverson of Wauwatosa, performed with the Lawrence University vocal ensemble Cantala at the recent American Choral Directors' Association national conference in Chicago.
• Junior Elizabeth Baker, daughter of Mary and John Baker of Wauwatosa, recently performed in Ohio in the University of Findlay's symphonic band and wind ensemble pops concert, Great Songwriters, Great Songs. She also made the fall semester dean's list. Baker is a 2009 graduate of Wauwatosa East High School.
• The following students from Wauwatosa made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse: Emily Bruskotter, Jennifer Budzien, Abby Butterfield, Tyler Christman, Rachel Gerlach, Robert Hofschulte, Elizabeth Romnek, Sarah Schearer and Anna Schmidt.
Send your announcements to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: July 10
- Celebrations: June 19
- Celebrations: June 5
- Celebrations: May 29
- Celebrations: May 15
- Celebrations: March 3
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Dec. 26
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Sept. 10
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22