Tom "Sky" Skibosh covers the Wauwatosa, Brookfield and New Berlin prep scene for Community Newspapers. If something is going on in local sports, Sky has an opinion about it. If you agree or not with what Sky says, we want to see your comments.
So many things to write about and not enough time...
- Brookfield Central boys (8-3) whipped Wisconsin Lutheran to snap a 3-game losing streak. Central faces Brookfield East, Tosa East and Sussex Hamilton to close out the year. First-place West Allis Central (9-2) plays MUHS, Menomonee Falls at home and Brook East on the road.
- Tosa East boys (7-4) need a minor miracle to get a share of the title. They finish with West Allis Hale at home, Brook Central on the road and MUHS at home.
- Eisenhower boys (11-3) are a game behind Whitnall (12-2) and with games against South Milwaukee, at Whitnall and Tosa West left. Whitnall plays at Tosa West, Ike and at Greenfield. The Lions won't be getting any help.
- New Berlin West boys (11-4) lost a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE game at St. Thomas More on Tuesday and fell a game behind in the loss column to More and Pewaukee, both 11-3. West finishes at Cudahy, Shorewood and Brown Deer, all winnable, but it might not matter. More plays at Shorewood, at Brown Deer, Cudahy and the big one - at Pewaukee). The Pirates play St. Francis, at Cudahy, at Shorewood and then More. Pirates have the easiest schedule.
- Eisenhower girls (13-0) have won 35 conference games in a row. They will clinch an outright title when they beat South Milwaukee Friday. They play Whitnall, Tosa West and Greendale in conference after that, but have a tough non-conference vs. Milwaukee Vincent (12-2) to end the year. They also play Mukwonago (10-5) in a NC game.
- New Berlin West girls (11-3) like the boys trails the leading Pewaukee and Cudahy (11-2) by one game in the loss column. The girls play Cudahy in a HUGE game on Friday at home, play two conference games on the road (Shorewood, Brown Deer, 6-21 combined). Pewaukee plays St. Francis, at Cudahy, at Shorewood and then More.
It should be fun.