The Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to build a community where people value animals and treat them with respect and kindness. For more than 128 years, WHS has been saving the lives of animals in need. We offer adoption services that place 9,000 animals in new homes annually, veterinary services that save thousands of lives, educational programs that instill respect for animals, behavior services to assist guardians and a myriad of other initiatives that help end suffering for animals. We depend entirely on private donations to fund our programs and rely on volunteers in nearly every department. If you are interested in adopting, volunteering, enrolling in a class, taking a tour or making a donation, check out our comprehensive web site at wihumane.org. The adoptable animals' web pages are updated every 30 minutes!
Top Ten Reasons to Adopt a Rabbit
The Wisconsin Humane Society currently has many adoptable rabbits looking for homes for the holidays. Rabbits are sure to make your holidays ‘hoppy’ and extend the joy throughout the years. This month, every rabbit adopter who purchases a kit, which includes aspen bedding, timothy hay, Oxbow rabbit food, a water bottle, a ceramic dish, an Atomic treat ball and a toy, will have the $15 rabbit adoption fee waived!
Could a bunny be the companion for you? Check out the Wisconsin Humane Society’s top ten reasons to adopt a rabbit:
1) All of the rabbits at WHS have been spayed or neutered, microchipped, given initial vaccinations and a health exam.
2) Rabbits live an average of 8 to 10 years, giving you a decade of joy!
3) Rabbits are social, entertaining companions!
4) Many rabbits are litterbox trained!
5) Rabbits are very clean animals and rarely need bathing.
6) Once a rabbit knows his name, he’ll come running for a pet, kiss, or treat!
7) You’ll never have to take a rabbit outside in the middle of the night.
8) Adopted rabbits go home with a certificate for a free veterinary exam!
9) Rabbits often do great in pairs – WHS offers a Happy Hopping dating service to find the perfect match for your rabbit!
10) A bunny will be your best buddy!
For more information on adopting a rabbit from the Wisconsin Humane Society please call 414-ANIMALS or visit www.wihumane.org.