RED ARROW PARK’S SLICE OF ICE SKATING RINK WITH HOLIDAY HOURS:
• Join us throughout the holidays with our extended hours:
Dec. 22-24: 11am-11pm Dec. 26-30: 11am-11pm
Dec. 25 (Christmas Day): 5pm-11pmDec. 31 (New Year’s Eve): 11am-2am
• Located downtown at 920 N. Water St.
• Admittance is free if you bring your own skates or $7 for skate rental.
• Warming shack with Starbuck’s Café available.
MUSIC UNDER GLASS AT THE MITCHELL PARK DOMES
• Mitchell Park Domes are located at 524 S. Layton Blvd.
• Hours for Music Under Glass are Thursdays from 6:30-8:30pm
• Concert series continues through March 2011.
• Admission is: $6.50 Adults (18-59 yrs)
$5.00 Seniors (60+), Children (6-17 yrs),
Students (with ID) and people with disabilities.
• Live music from numerous musical genres with light shows at the breaks.
TOBOGGAN RUN AT WHITNALL PARK WITH HOLIDAY HOURS:
Opening for family fun onDecember 24th from Noon-5pm
• The lightning fast toboggan slide is across from the Whitnall Park Sled Hill.
• Holiday Hours: Dec. 24th (Noon-5pm), Dec. 25 (Closed), Dec 27-Jan. 1 (Noon-8pm)
After Jan. 1: Closed Mon-Thurs, Fri (4-8pm), Sat. (12-8pm), and Sun. (12-6pm).
• Toboggan rental is $7 per hour for unlimited rides.
• Very fast 6 and 8 ft. toboggans available.
DOOR COUNTY SLED DOG RIDES IN WHITNALL PARK
Starting Dog Sled Rides onSaturday, Jan 1 and Sunday, Jan 2. from 11am-2pm
• Authentic rides are offered at Whitnall Park clubhouse (weather permitting):
5879 S. 92nd St., Franklin
• Hours of operation are every Saturday and Sunday from 11am-2pm
Call the sled dog hotline (414) 967-9677 to confirm dog sled activities.
• Cost is: $10 per child, $15 per adult
• Made up of a team of 4 to 6 adult Siberian Huskies.
• Dog Sled participants should dress warmly and bring their cameras.
• The sled dog hotline number is (414) 967-9677 or visit doorcountysleddogs.com
• Cross-country skiing is available with groomed trails at Whitnall and Brown Deer Parks.
Equipment may be rented at the Whitnall Park Clubhouse for $25 per day.
• Outdoor sledding is open at numerous Milwaukee County Parks.
• Whitnall Park sledding hill, 6751 S. 92nd St., offers an ideal sledding hill for
both young children and teenagers. With a warming clubhouse & concessions
open Sat. 11am-8pm, Sun. noon-6pm.
• When sledding, adults should supervise young children. Do not sled on slopes
that end in a street, drop off, parking lot, river or pond.
ICE SKATING AT SEVERAL PARK LAGOONS
• Ice-skating is open at several park lagoons – Humboldt, Jacobus, Sheridan
Pay attention to “Thin Ice” signs. Rinks are open when the ice is a safe thickness.
• Lake Park ice-skating and warming shack is now open:
Monday – Friday (3-8pm), weekends (12:30-8pm) with hockey only from 8-10pm.
For more information, call the Lake Park Friends Office (414) 962-1680
WILSON PARK INDOOR ICE ARENA
• Wilson Park Indoor Ice Arena is open with skate rental: Call 281-6289 for hours.
• Admittance: Ages 18 – 59 is $6/session; Ages 60+ is $4/session;
Ages 10 & under is $3.50/session; Skate rental is $3/pair.
• The ice arena is available for rent for tournaments, competitions and social or
business outings. The arena has seating for 2000, team locker rooms with showers,
a concession area and rental figure skates in a full range of sizes.
CRYSTAL RIDGE DOWNHILL SKI & SNOWBOARD HILL
• Crystal Ridge: 7900 W. Crystal Ridge Drive, Franklin.
• Open with ideal conditions – a 22”-36” base of snow.
• Has seven runs from beginner to expert plus a bunny hill with a towrope.
• Also has a lodge complete with a dining hall & bar.
• Opening weekend hour:
Friday (Dec. 10th) from 5-10pm
Sat. & Sun. (Dec 11th & 12th) from 10am–10pm.
• Regular hours of operation are:
Monday - Thursday: 5-9:30pm.
Saturdays and Holidays: 10am-10pm
• Lift tickets are $20. Ski rental is $20, snowboard rental is $25.
• Visit skicrystalridge.com or for update call the snowline at (414) 529-7669.