Allison grew up on the east side of Wauwatosa, and now is a music teacher who lives on the west side of Tosa with her husband Nick. She enjoys working with a couple local non-profits, playing out with her wind quintet, listening to live music, attending arts events, baking, cycling, and wine.
The Milwaukee Choristers are a Tosa-based choral group that you should definitely know about. If you haven't heard them before, in just a little while they will be presenting their Christmas performances in Elm Grove (see the poster below).
Members of the Choristers come from all over the southeastern Wisconsin area to sing with the ensemble, but there is a core group from Wauwatosa, where they rehearse each week.
This holiday season they are presenting Vivaldi's Gloria with a small orchestra accompanying them. This is a beloved baroque standard, and will be a treat for the concert-goer to hear. Choristers music director Dr. James B. Kinchen, renown in the conducting field, has programmed additional festive works as well - some well-known, others that should be better known :-)
• A heartfelt “green” Christmas wish based on the beloved poem T’was the Night Before Christmas
• “Shepherd’s Gloria” by Carthage College music professor Gregory Berg
• The powerful “Dixit” from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Confessor’s Vespers
• A moving setting based on the Latin hymn “Ubi caritas” (“Where charity and love are, God is there”)
• The evocative Norwegian lullaby, “Gjendines Badnlat”
• William Levi Dawson’s spiritual “Hail, Mary!” and a delightful little Christmas calypso by Jester Hairston
• A fun arrangement of America’s favorite carol, “Jingle Bells” … and of course audience sing-a-long carols!
So... will I see you there?