Tom grew up in Milwaukee, bartended in Wauwatosa in the '70s and moved here in 1984.
Commentary, observations and musings about the outdoors, life in general and maybe Tosa politics and personalities will be the order of the day. He savors a lively debate as much as terrific cooking.
7 PM -
- It is raining.
- It is 51 degrees and too warm to hang a deer.
- If I shoot a deer I'm not physically up to dragging it and processing it by myself.
- There is precious little available freezer space.
- I have to help do laundry, fill the wood box and tidy the house.
- It is much better to sit by the fire on a dreary rainy day and read Hemmings Classic Car magazines.
That is an even half-dozen perfectly acceptable rationalizations for not going out and sitting in a deer stand don't you think?
The traditional Wisconsin 2011 deer camp (mine anyway) is closed. There will be one last hurrah with a late hunt in early December. Following that I'm getting a Stryker Mobile Bearing Hip™ System. I am so looking forward to getting my physical life back and being able to get around..
Made wild turkey soup today. Yum!