Kelsey McLennon has lived in Wauwatosa with her two siblings and parents for her entire life. When not busy with school, she enjoys dancing, running, and spending time with friends. She is a sophomore at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School, where she is involved in track, cross country, Latin club, and Irish club.
10 reasons why I LOVE Christmas Vacation
1. Well, this may seem like the most obvious and that’s probably why it’s right at the top. I don’t have to go to school, do homework, or study for tests.
2. My sister is home from college and my brother who is in law school stays at our house. It’s nice to have the whole family back together for even a short period of time.
3. I get to spend time with my extended family and see the relatives who I only see a couple times each year.
4. I get to sleep for extended periods of time. I like to nap and Christmas vacation is a great time for that.
5. There are infinitely many sources from which I can get cookies and other delicious food.
6. There is more time to do the things that I enjoy. Like a few days ago my friend and I spray painted some white ked-like shoes gold. It was just for fun and something that we decided on a whim but there is no way that we could have just decided to do that while sitting in school.
7. I get to play with any new toys that I may have gotten for Christmas. I can already play a few songs on my new ukulele. This would probably make the bottom ten for the rest of my family though, seeing as I walk around the house strumming as loudly as a ukulele will allow.
8. I get to spend more time with friends and catch up with people with whom I don’t usually talk because of the busyness that is school.
9. It’s a great opportunity to catch up on things that have been somewhat shoved to the side for a little bit. Like the cleanliness of my room for example.
10. I get to wear comfy socks or slippers until about noon. I like for my feet to be warm and the drafty floors at school don’t help with this.