The controversial development plan for the fire station remnant parcel at 1463 Underwood Ave. has been suspended by the development team.
The 2013 WBCS, Inc. Showhouse for a Cure features a beautiful home on Newberry Boulevard in Milwaukee, named one of America’s “Great Streets” by the American Planning Association. The Bavarian-style Tudor home at 2228 East Newberry Blvd. was commissioned in 1930 by Charles and Malthilde Boltz, and designed by Frederick Graf, a sought-after architect who designed more than 100 buildings in the region. The 4,500 square foot home, originally built for $30,000, features five bedrooms, a ballroom, and a solarium. The Showhouse has been made available by current owners Steve and Kadie Jelenchick.